Collection of Personal Information
The types of personal information we may collect and hold includes (but is not limited to):
- information you give us when you instruct us to act for you including your name, address, occupation and contact details;
- information about other individuals we collect in the course of acting for clients; and
- information about other people who come into contact with a member of the Southpac team.
We may also collect personal information from the use of our website. The only information we collect about you when you use our website is what you tell us about yourself, for example, information you provide to us when you send us an email or online enquiry. However, please note that some of this information will not be personal information.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Southpac may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, for reasonably expected secondary purposes, and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act 1988. In general, we use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes only:
- to conduct our business;
- to provide and market our services;
- to communicate with you; and
- to comply with our legal obligations.
We may disclose your personal information to other members of the Southpac team, other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, and anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it.
Management of Personal Information
In accordance with the Privacy Act, we take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information. This includes protecting the information from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example, by the use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records.