Human Factors for Managers VIRTUAL Course
Promote a culture of safety
This course will look at some of the key competencies involved in managing Human Factors in complex socio-technical systems. It will consider these from both a safety and performance viewpoint, and will look at topics such as situational awareness, decision-making, communication, and leadership, through a Human Factors lens. Human performance issues will also be addressed with the management of workload, stress and fatigue at both an individual and management level.
This course has been developed to give candidates an introduction to Human Factors in a management context across a range of applications and disciplines.
The overarching objective of this course is to provide managers across any industry, and especially in the aviation industry, the skills and knowledge to understand and deal with the Human Factors challenges which abound in complex socio-technical systems. These are considered from a safety, an efficiency, and from a management perspective.
As with all our courses, this program is delivered by a leading aviation trainer with vast experience.
This course is developed for managers in high risk or high reliability industries – not just aviation.
Managers from a range of industries – including transport, logistics, mining, oil & gas or construction – will benefit from the information presented in this course, and the way in which it is delivered.
- Manage Human Factors in complex socio-technical systems
- Remain situationally aware
- Solve problems and make effective decisions commensurate with risk
- Manage teams using various leadership styles and with emotional intelligence
- Promote teamwork, followership and a culture of safety
- Communicate effectively in varying situations
- Manage conflict and promote productive workplace relationships
- Manage workload during high tempo operations
- Manage stress and fatigue individually and within an organisation
- LIVE virtual instruction
- Group activities
- Case studies
- What is Human Factors?
- Maintaining a culture of safety
- Situational awareness
- Decision making
- Leadership and emotional intelligence
- Communication and conflict management
- Workload management
- Stress management
- Fatigue management