This summer season is looking to be very challenging. Not only do we have to be prepared for bush fires, cyclones and floods, we have to be able to respond while in the midst of a global pandemic. This course will provide you with the knowledge and tools to become prepared!
We cover emergency risk management, emergency response planning and emergency management exercises. A common risk treatment measure is developing an Emergency Plan, but just having a plan is not enough. The plan must be well-practised and tested. Exercising your plan is crucial to confirming it’s effective, to build staff competency and confidence in disaster situations, and to confirm all information is up-to-date. Conducting exercises also build relationships with stakeholders and increases their confidence in your organisation.
The main objectives of this course are to understand how to:
- Effectively conduct an emergency risk assessment
- Understand emergency risk management principles and processes
- Develop an Incident Action Plan
- Design an effective emergency exercise that meets the expectations of stakeholders
- Manage exercise risks and develop an exercise plan
- Engage stakeholders and the community for emergency risk management, emergency response planning and exercise design purposes